Angel Leya began writing as a child, but only within the past decade has become serious, about trying to perfect and share her craft. She enjoys discovering new ways to entertain and delight, and takes pride in creating stories that she considers “clean”.
Currently, her published books include:
- Her most prominent fiction work, is Skye’s Lure, and it’s prequel, Legend of the Mer. It follows Skye, a mermaid with a curiosity for humans and land, who has just run across a party boat and saved its owner from drowning.
- Recently published is Banned, Part 1 of Running Toward Illumia. This young adult fantasy story was first published in the Young Adult anthology, That Moment When….
- Poetry in Composition: A Coffee Table Book of Poetry and Photos. This compilation of poetry, written mainly through the angst of her teen years along with some more recent pieces, is meant to bring comfort, understanding and inspiration.
- She’s also published a memoir about her pregnancy and what she learned in My Natural Birth Story: The Birthing Book I Wish I’d Read.
Upcoming works include:
- The remainder of Running Toward Illumia, a story about one girl’s exile from her tribe of redheads and her race to leave the land of Mist before it kills her. This will be the first in the Illumia trilogy.
- Also in the works is Antarctic Discovery, a tale about the archeological discovery of the Tower of Babel, and the relationships formed by two historical linguists assigned to the project and the man recovered from the tower.
- Her original publication, Call Her Forth, is being rewritten and she hopes to release the new edition in the summer of 2017.
Angel Leya loves mermaids, and was inspired to write Skye’s Lure after watching the Discovery Channel’s Mermaid: The Body Found. She spends her days trying to sing like Ariel when she’s not writing or taking care of her husband and children.
In her spare time, Leya enjoys doing all things book, particularly creating book covers for print and ebooks. You can find out more at:
FYI – I am just a humble author trying to make a living off my writing. As such, some of the links you come across will be affiliate links, and I hope to be paid handsomely for them.